Sponsored by BASF Corporation
The ACS Award for Innovation in Chemistry of Agriculture is given to an active researcher working in North America for a chemical innovation that significantly enhances agricultural or veterinary pest management and productivity. Nominations should be received by the award committee chair by December 31 of each year. Contact James Seiber, AGRO Awards Committee Chair, 530-752-1141 for more information.
Vincent L. Salgado, a Principal Scientist at BASF Corporation in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, is the recipient of the 2018 ACS Award for Innovation in Chemistry of Agriculture. He is being recognized for his innovative work in the identification of TRPV channels as the target of feeding blocker insecticides. See the full announcement.
- 2012 – Steven J. Lehotay, USDA-Agricultural Research Service, Wyndmoor, Pennsylvania
- 2013 – Jeanette M. Van Emon, US Environmental Protection Agency, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2014 – Scott R. Yates, USDA-Agricultural Research Service, Riverside, California
- 2015 – Thomas C. Sparks, Dow AgroSciences, Indianapolis, Indiana
- 2016 – Thomas M. Stevenson, DuPont Crop Protection
- 2017 – Qing X. Li, University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa