Sponsored by Corteva Agriscience
This award recognizes individuals in government, intergovernmental organizations, industry, and academia who have exercised personal leadership for outstanding contributions to international harmonization for the regulation of crop protection chemistry. The award is administered by the IUPAC Advisory Committee on Crop Protection Chemistry and is presented on a roughly biennial basis. The next award will be presented during the 14th IUPAC International Congress of Crop Protection Chemistry to be held in Ghent, Belgium in May 2019. Awardees receive an honorarium plus travel and per diem reimbursement to attend the award presentation ceremony. Corporate sponsorship for the award has been arranged with Corteva Agriscience Agricultural Division of DowDupont.
2016 Award Winner
Daniel L. Kunkel, of IR-4’s Food and International Programs at Rutgers University is the recipient of the IUPAC International Award for Advances in Harmonized Approaches to Crop Protection Chemistry. See complete announcement on the IUPAC Website.
- 2014 Árpád Ambrus, National Food Chain Safety Office, Budapest, Hungary
- 2012 Lois A. Rossi, Office of Pesticide Programs, US Environmental Protection Agency, Washington, DC, USA
- 2010 Denis J. Hamilton, Animal and Plant Service, Queensland Department of Primary, Industries, Brisbane, Australia
Call for Nominations for 2019 Award
Nominations will consist of:
- A nomination letter including the nominee’s birthplace, date of birth, citizenship, business address, and a description (200-1000 words) of the reasons why the nominee should receive this award, stressing the individual’s major accomplishments toward international harmonization for the regulation of crop protection chemistry.
- A curriculum vitae of the candidate that includes places and names of employment, professional affiliations, committee and working group assignments, and listing of relevant regulatory guidance documents, reports, and/or publications.
- One or more letters of support.
Nominations for the 2019 award are due December 1, 2018, and should be sent to:
Dr. John Unsworth, Chairman
IUPAC Advisory Committee on Crop Protection Chemistry
Chelmsford, Essex CM1 7EA
Phone: +44 1245 440 056