2023 ACS Spring National Meeting
March 26, 2023 - March 30, 2023
AGRO PROGRAMMING ACTIVITIES SPRING 2023 ACS MEETING IN INDIANAPOLIS MARch 26-30, 2023
After first meeting in the “Circle City” a decade ago, the ACS will be back in Indianapolis for the Spring National Meeting during March of 2023. The ACS Theme for the Indianapolis meeting is “Crossroads of Chemistry”, and you will find full details on the ACS Meetings & Expos website.
Typically, AGRO has targeted its programming activities for the Fall ACS National Meetings but, with Indy being right in the heart of the Midwest agriculture region and in close proximity to a number of highly active ag research organizations, AGRO decided it was opportune to develop programming for the Spring 2023 ACS National Meeting in Indianapolis. AGRO program activities for Indianapolis include technical symposia, a combined poster session, and a social networking event. We invite your participation in these technical and social activities for Indianapolis, which are outlined below.
- Click here for a program brochure summarizing AGRO activities for Indianapolis 2023
- Click here for the Call for Papers for Indianapolis 2023
*** Accepting Abstract Submissions Aug 15 to Oct 17, 2022, at http://maps.acs.org ***
- Innovative Technologies to Support 21st Century Agriculture. Leading researchers from industry and academia will discuss emerging technologies (new chemistries, natural products, enhanced formulations, intelligent delivery systems, digital tools, analytical techniques) that will support 21st century agricultural food production and address critical challenges for sustainable protection of crops, animal health, and natural resources. Click here for details.
- Midwest Row Crop Revolution: Agrochemistry State of Affairs after a Quarter-Century of Biotech-Enabled Agriculture. Experts from academia, industry, government, and advocacy groups will discuss impacts of the biotech corn and soybean revolution on agriculture, environmental quality, human well-being, and the agrochemical enterprise. Perspectives will be shared on current trends as well as desirable future directions that will best support a drive toward increased sustainability. Click here for details.
- Advancing Agrochemical Regulation, Education, and Public Policy in an Age of Skepticism and Scientific Illiteracy. Researchers, regulators, policymakers, and educators will highlight best practices for informed management of agrochemicals as well as effective communication of benefits and precautions associated with their use. Will include an emphasis on how good science can be leveraged to build trust with various food chain stakeholders from farmers to consumers. Click here for details.
- Understanding Environmental Quality and Health in Agroecosystems. Experts from a variety of disciplines working within academia, government, advocacy groups and industry will share research on the influence of agroecosystems on environmental quality, how such effects can be quantified and managed, and ways policymakers and the public may view the future of the agricultural enterprise in this context. Click here for details.
COMBINED POSTER SESSION
- The poster contributions associated with each of the 4 symposia listed above will be part of a combined poster session to be organized in Indy. Those desiring to make a poster presentation should submit an abstract in http://maps.acs.org in association with the symposium of interest by October 17, 2022.
CROSSROADS OF AG INNOVATION AGRO EVENING SOCIAL NETWORKING EVENT
An exciting social networking event is being planned for AGRO members and guests on Wednesday evening, March 29, 2023. The event will be hosted by Corteva Agriscience at its stunning Indianapolis headquarters and R&D campus, and complimentary bus transport to and from the Convention Center and the social location is being arranged. Full details are still being developed, but mark your calendars now for joining in the festivities:
- Enjoy refreshments and have fun
- Network and engage with fellow scientists
- Meet and hear from distinguished ACS and industry leaders
- Test your knowledge and win prizes
Social Networking Event advance registration information will be available in early 2023.
- Click here for a save-the-date brochure for the AGRO Crossroads of Ag Innovation
FOR MORE INFORMATION