Awards Committee Chair: James Seiber, University of California, Davis, 530-752-1141
Call for Award Nominations
The AGRO division has multiple opportunities to facilitate and recognize achievements that contribute to the AGRO mission. Award opportunities include:
- ACS International Award for Research in Agrochemicals – Recognizes individuals with outstanding agrochemical research careers. Nominations deadline: December 31, 2019.
- ACS Award for Innovation in Chemistry of Agriculture – Given to an active researcher working in North America for a chemical innovation that significantly enhances agricultural or veterinary pest management and productivity. Nominations deadline: December 31, 2019.
- Sterling B. Hendricks Memorial Lectureship – Recognizes scientists who have made outstanding contributions to chemistry for and/or from agriculture. Application Deadline: December 13, 2019.
- AGRO Education Awards for Student Travel – Provides funding assistance for university students who wish to present their research and participate in AGRO events at National ACS meetings. The deadline for applications for the 258th ACS National Meeting in San Diego, CA, is March 20, 2019.
- AGRO Fellow Award – Recognizes AGRO members whose dedicated and enthusiastic service keeps AGRO moving forward. Nominations deadline: March 31, 2019.
- ACS Fellow Award – AGRO members may be nominated to the ACS Fellow Program. Nominations deadline: April 1 of each year.
- AGRO New Investigator Award – Recognizes scientists who have obtained doctoral degree in last five years and have produced significant accomplishments conducting research, consulting or regulatory studies. For the 258th ACS National Meeting in San Diego, CA, applicants should submit a regular abstract via the ACS website by March 20, 2019. The full application package should be submitted to Sasha Kweskin by March 20, 2019.
- Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry Research Article of the Year Award Lectureship – Awarded for an outstanding article published in 2019 that demonstrates creativity and impact on agricultural and food chemistry as a whole. Two papers will receive awards – one in the subject area of agrochemicals (pesticides, biofuels and biobased products, and related), and one in agricultural and food chemistry (food, health, and related). Application Deadline: December 31, 2019.
- Kenneth A. Spencer Award – The Kansas City Section of the American Chemical Society is soliciting nominations for the 2020 Kenneth A. Spencer Award. The award recognizes meritorious contributions to the field of agricultural and food chemistry.